St. George’s University (SGU) has the world’s largest English language Doctor of Medicine degree program and is the number one provider of new physicians into the US healthcare system. The University has four Schools – Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Arts and Sciences and Graduate Studies - and 52 academic programs filled with students from over 100 countries. University Support Services, LLC (USS) provides the marketing, recruitment, and admission, among other services, for SGU. The Recruitment Support Coordinator assists and coordinates activities and events, which drive toward the student enrollment goals and the university premier positioning in the marketplace.
The Recruitment Coordinator focuses on driving enrollment at SGU by engaging in effective outreach efforts that build awareness and interest amongst prospective SGU students. The Recruitment Coordinator will build enthusiasm for SGU through enrollment recruitment initiatives and events. The Recruitment Coordinator will organize and manage recruitment events in their entirety to promote the University and recruit students in the US, Canada and in key markets around the world, working closely with the Event Manager. There are approximately 1,000 events annually around the world, hosted either by SGU or other organizations. The Coordinator will also provide support in other areas within recruitment and admission as needed, including the area of University Relations and the Admission Alumni Mentor Program (UR-AAMP).
- Coordinate all event support for SGU hosted events (Information Sessions, Face-to-Face, Match Tours, Hospital Events, Webinars, Meet the Dean and Welcome Sessions), non-SGU events (conferences, graduate and health fairs, University visits), and special recruitment events.
- Research and secure venues for University sponsored events such as Information Sessions and recruitment receptions.
Procure vendor services. Negotiate contracts and agreements with event venues to maximize effectiveness.
Collaborate with external stakeholders, sites (hotels, institutions, hospitals, conference halls) and internal sponsors to create a welcoming and educating atmosphere for prospective students and parents at recruitment events.
Identify new prospects for recruitment arenas to increase event participation, improving recruitment and enrollment conversion of qualified, potential students.
Measure the impact of current recruitment methodologies and leverage data to analyze and determine geographical focus.
Maintain relationships with existing event hosts and build strong relationships with newly identified outlets.
Work with external vendors to ensure that event materials are delivered, and receipt confirmed for each recruitment event.
Distribute event information and changes to all involved constituents in promoting and supporting the recruitment events.
Arrange hotel accommodations for University representatives to select events.
Establish catering, service and equipment arrangements as appropriate to support events.
Coordinate with vendor and sponsors before, during and after event. Ensure event delivery is planned and executed flawlessly.
Organize, communicate and manage all planning details for event execution such as: reserving and scheduling appropriate space, reserving necessary equipment, catering, logistics of event set up/execution/takedown, pre- and post- event guidelines, coordination of vendor services, marketing and presentation material, event awareness.
- Provide on-site event support as needed.
- Update and maintain event and student database, including creating event records, updating RSVP and attendee information, and tracking event expenses.
- Gather and analyze feedback and trends for recruitment events to assess effectiveness. Adjust strategies as necessary to continue program growth and identify and nurture prospective students for SGU.
- Update and maintain prehealth advisor, club and alumni information in the database, including researching new information to be entered.
- Provide excellent customer service to all vendor clients, ensuring that SGU is established as a premier university within the marketplace.
- Develop relationships with corporations, community organizations and professional organizations to increase the University's visibility within the community and recruit new students
- Support advisor and prospective student trips to campus.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Proficient organizational and time management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments, work under pressure, and demonstrate positive results.
Self-starter and highly motivated to drive results within aggressive deadlines.
Ability to adapt and prioritize work independently in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
Ability to maintain a positive attitude that will promote a healthy cultural climate, sensitive to diverse populations.
Actively build and maintain relationships with alumni, prehealth advisors, prehealth clubs and prospective students.
Ability to collaborate effectively with all external vendors and internal sponsors.
Highly developed customer service principles and practices.
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to quickly assess a request and respond appropriately.
Demonstrate high ethical standards in all professional relationships within internal and external customers.
Ability to represent the Office and the University in a professional manner.
Highly creative mindset with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree.
- Event experience or event management a plus
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Hours and Travel
- This position is performed at a work station in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.