The Graphic Designer is an integral part of the Marketing department. The Graphic Designer supports St. George’s University (SGU) marketing efforts externally and internally - working closely with the Creative Director and other members of the marketing and communications teams on a wide variety of design projects. These projects include, but are not limited to: print- and web-based graphics, including websites, emails, brochures, advertisements, newsletters, signage and more. This designer supports all marketing activities and initiatives – print, electronic, video, social media and all platforms used to promote the University and enhance its communications.
- Responsible for layout, design, and production of multiple marketing, communications, and promotional projects.
- Creates aesthetic design concepts to elevate the SGU brand and improve marketing strategies in reaching and expanding upon identified audiences.
Produces comprehensive layouts that follow university branding standards, manipulates graphic elements and type, prepares projects for production, and assists with creative concepts and designs.
Visually communicates messages and SGU brand across print, video, web, social media, and other digital platforms.
Illustrates concepts by designing layouts around arrangement, size, style, and other related concepts.
Corrects/updates type and photos in existing designs.
Works closely with graphic designers, writers, and web designers in the NY and Grenada offices.
Prepares materials for print, submits requests for quotation, and works with print vendors to ensure production of quality materials in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
Codes HTML emails and updates University website as needed.
Assists in the production of web graphics and collateral from concept to implementation, collaborating with various departments as needed.
Produces signage, banners, and other out of home materials, which includes designing, printing, cutting, and mounting.
Assists with archiving and maintenance of electronic publication files.
Provides photo selection assistance.
Supports Marketing department in maintaining institutional identity standards.
Manages multiple projects from initial concept through completion.
Assists in the development and management of diverse design projects and deadlines.
Assists in project management and execution of complex, multiple-component creative project campaigns.
Monitors developments in print, display, and digital communications, with the ability to propose, plan and implement new ideas and media into the department’s product and service offerings as appropriate.
Other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have strong design and production skills with the ability to graphically translate verbal and written instructions/directions.
- Ability to prepare materials correctly for print.
- Understanding of online design and specifications, as well as Web site development, targeted email communication, and basic HTML.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to handle multiple projects with varying deadlines simultaneously, in an effective and timely manner.
- Creativity, flexibility and the ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as independently.
- Works well with others, providing excellent customer service.
- Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design concepts and techniques.
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative to propose new changes and ideas to current platforms.
- Analytical mindset to challenge the status quo and enhance current initiatives and processes.
- Innovative and keen eye for detail.
- Agility in working independently as well as part of a cohesive, collaborative team.
- Self-starter that proactively shares creative ideas and solutions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Hours and Travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of five years’ experience in graphic communications.
Marketing background required.
Mac OS X experience, and expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud or higher (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Microsoft Office suite.
- WordPress and Mailchimp, or other email program platform, experience preferred.
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.