Clinical Staff Assistant
The Clinical Staff Assistant supports with the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) clinical subject exams. The Clinical Staff Assistant supports coordinators and supervisors as needed throughout the various clinical departments.
- Assist with the NBME clinical subject exams including, but not limited to: assign grades to exams; support the placement team in grouping students by hospital; notify hospitals of NBME grades; notify clinical student coordinators of NBME grades; send students their individual performance profile; maintain and file statistics.
- Receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail throughout the department.
- Assist Clinical Placement Coordinators and Clinical Student Coordinators as needed.
- Assist with out of network agreements and track health clearance of students.
- Assist the Supervisor of Clinical Projects and School of Medicine (SOM) Dean with tasks associated with meetings and events.
- Assist the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) Coordinators with data entry of grades and evaluation comments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job is performed at a work station in a positive, creative and collaborative environment that may sometimes become quite noisy.
Hours and Travel
- Associate Degree or Business School Certificate preferred.
- Experience in Business or University administration environment preferred.
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.