Regional Admission Representative, Region 2
The Regional Admission Representatives will live and work in their assigned region. The Region 2 Regional Admission Representative will cover Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia. They work with the Admission department within the Office of Enrolment Planning (OEP) and is responsible for recruiting qualified students for admission to St. George’s University School of Medicine, consistent with the highest ethical standards. This Representative will actively build and maintain relationships with alumni, prehealth advisors, prehealth clubs and prospective students in the assigned region, working closely with the Admission Specialist of the region. The Regional Admission Representative will travel to key events and target undergraduate institutions to promote the University and generate interest. This position reports to the Admission Specialist who is the team lead for the region and will provide on-the-ground insight and recommendations on further building the University brand in the region.
- Provides the highest quality support to key constituent groups – alumni, prehealth advisors and prospective students
- With the Admission Specialist, manages lead and applicant inquiries through all appropriate channel follow up (phone, email, text, chat) and pursues qualified candidates for enrollment
- Schedules and conducts in-person meetings with the key constituent groups
- Promotes the university at appropriate recruitment activities such as information sessions, conferences, fairs, prehealth meetings, etc.
- Conduct and present information sessions in key target areas to prospective applicants
- Tracks all interactions in the CRM according to the admission policies and procedures
- Understands the programs, the postgraduate possibilities, the other possible options each student faces, and the benefits of SGU’s programs for those who are qualified.
- Maintains working knowledge of St. George’s University admission policies to be able to answer frequently asked questions and troubleshoot problems
- Conveys SGU student and graduate performance metrics as approved by management
- Utilizes the wide network of faculty, students, alumni, financial aid, Office of Career Guidance, and other support staff who might help prospective students make an informed decision.
- Brings suggestions and ideas forward to senior OEP leadership
- Maintains confidentiality of prospective student information
- Be thoroughly conversant with the various scholarship programs and financial aid available to students
- Provides excellent customer service to all applicants, ensuring that their experience with St. George’s University is a pleasant and efficient one
- Opens, reviews, and triages all incoming Admission inquiries –calls, mail, email, Live Chat, etc. and service all in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of University programs and policies
- Work with alumni to engage prospective applicants
- Understands Admission requirements, and equivalency to US, from all targeted countries. While the primary function of this counselor is to provide customer service to US applicants, all counselors needs to be able to service all applicants and entering students
- Performs other duties as assigned
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly developed customer service principles and practices
- Excellent data entry, numeric, typing, and computer navigational skills
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple and competing priorities in a changing environment
- Ability to quickly assess a request and respond appropriately
- Ability using computer technology systems, experience with CRM system desirable
- Ability to function in a fluid environment and respond appropriately to changing priorities
- Demonstrate high ethical standards in all professional relationships within internal and external customers
- Ability to represent the Office and the University in a professional manner
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Position includes travelling to events and work from their home office. Individual will work closely with their manager and team in a creative, collaborative environment.
Hours and Travel
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two or more years’ experience in admissions in higher education or customer relations in business
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.