Assistant Director, Admissions
University Support Services LLC (USS) is the North American correspondent for St. George's University (SGU), a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 20,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world.
The Assistant Director, Admissions within the Office of Marketing, Recruitment and Enrollment Operations (MREO) is responsible for recruiting qualified students for admission to SGU’s School of Medicine (SOM). The Assistant Director will actively build and maintain relationships with prospective students, pre-health advisors and pre-health clubs in the assigned region. Directed by the Director, Admissions, the Assistant Director will travel to key events and target undergraduate institutions to deliver presentations, promote the University, and generate interest. The Assistant Director must be conversant in all University programs, the possibilities after graduation, and be able to clearly articulate all the benefits of the various entry points and programs. The Assistant Director will partner in a close and collaborative way with colleagues within student recruitment and will report to the Director, Admissions.
- Promote the university at appropriate recruitment activities such as information sessions, conferences, fairs, pre-health meetings, etc.
- Work with the Associate Director to conduct and present information sessions in key target areas to prospective applicants.
- Provide the highest quality support to key constituent groups – prospective students and pre-health advisors.
- Effective two-way transition to/from Admissions Officers and Admissions Coordinators all notes and insights about prospective students developed in the course of performing duties. Strategize on effective recruiting steps and actions.
- Meet 1:1 with prospective students (and families/influencers where appropriate) to build relationships, gain trust, answer questions, and help move to the next steps in the student journey.
- Responsible for setting up appointments with Pre-med Advisors and faculty for Directors, Associate Directors, and themselves.
- Track all interactions in the customer relationship management (CRM) system according to the admission policies and procedures.
- Schedule and conduct in-person meetings with the key constituent groups.
- Track all interactions in the CRM according to the admission policies and procedures, including event involvement and prospect/applicant interactions.
- Understand the programs, the postgraduate possibilities, the other possible options each student faces, and the benefits of SGU’s programs for those who are qualified.
- Maintain working knowledge of SGU admission policies to be able to answer frequently asked questions and troubleshoot problems.
- Advise prospective students on the University’s programs, curriculum, calendars, performance outcomes and financial considerations.
- Work with the team and the managers to ensure that inquiries and applicant concerns are serviced in a timely and appropriate way throughout the admission cycle to enrollment.
- Utilize the wide network of faculty, students, financial aid, Office of Career Guidance, and other support staff who might help prospective students make an informed decision.
- Maintain confidentiality of prospective student information.
- Be thoroughly conversant with the various scholarship programs and financial aid available to students.
- Understand Admission requirements, and equivalency to US, from all targeted countries of recruitment (dependent on region of focus).
- Exhibit a passion for building trust and meaningful relationships with prospective students.
- Builds a strong knowledge and understanding of the assigned recruitment region.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Dynamic individual who on a daily basis demonstrates passion, heart, positivity, and teamwork.
- Well-spoken and articulate; strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
- Outstanding presentation skills with experience delivering sales presentations in front of both large and small groups.
- Understanding of appropriate communication via email, text, and social media.
- Genuine interest in helping students achieve their dream of becoming a physician.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and customer service.
- Able to effectively and proactively build relationships with peers, University staff, and administration.
- Able to work well under pressure and in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Significant organizational skills with ability to set priorities, identify and solve problems, and be responsive to customer care.
- Ability to represent the Office and the University in a highly professional manner.
- Computer skills including MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of call center protocol and customer relationship management (CRM) use is preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job is performed in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
Hours and Travel
- This position will primarily work remotely at the Recruiter’s home office.
- A typical work week is 37.5 hours. Flexible hours required to implement initiatives and execute deliverables.
- This position requires travel to participate in recruitment events within the U.S. There will be required events outside of the normal working hours, including weekends.
- Local and out-of-town travel makes up approximately 75% of the position.
- 2+ years of university admissions or sales experience preferred, with a proven affinity for customer service.
- Background in sales with experience selling in person and by phone.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business (Marketing degree or specialization is preferred).
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.