Associate Director, CRM and Marketing Automation
University Support Services LLC (USS) is the North American correspondent for St. George's University (SGU), a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 20,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world.
The Associate Director, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing Automation (MA), within the Office of Marketing, Recruitment and Enrollment Operations (MREO) is responsible for managing all marketing and customer engagement platforms with a focus on automation and optimization. The Associate Director will provide direction and oversight for MREO’s implementation and utilization of CRM/MA to track and initiate engagements with students from brand awareness to lead acquisition through admissions and matriculation. The Associate Director will collaborate with Marketing to execute marketing automation strategies and prospective student journeys consistent with the overall marketing strategy. The Associate Director will work closely with Information Technology and the third-party technology partner during the initial set up and deployment phases.
On an ongoing basis, the Associate Director will work with the Manager, CRM and MREO users to provide recommendations for scalable, long-term solutions (to enhance the customer experience of prospective students and/or achieve operational efficiencies) which leverage the features, functions, and best practices of the platform. In partnership with IT leadership, the Associate Director will be responsible for making changes to the recruitment, admissions and marketing automation modules of the system, maintaining integrity, verifying data quality, providing user trainings and support, writing process documentation, and managing reports/dashboards for MREO staff/management. The Associate Director works with stakeholders across the company to determine prioritization of features and deployment cycles. The Associate Director’s goal is to oversee the delivery a set of solutions for MREO that provide an environment conducive to operational efficiency, expanded use of data, and greater ease of use for students and employees. The Associate Director will report to the Director, Performance Management.
- Along with IT and Project Management, manage key milestones and deliverables associated with the implementation and management of CRM/MA for MREO.
- Build and continuously refine the CRM/MA roadmap for MREO in close collaboration with IT and other key stakeholders.
- Identify new CRM platform features and capabilities that support the MREO roadmap; work with the various stakeholders develop timelines and functional requirements; collaborate with IT to ensure timely and accurate delivery.
- Lead the identification and promotion of CRM best practices.
- Communicate details of fixes, enhancements, and new capabilities on the platform to MREO staff and management.
- Create and maintain operational and functional metrics for CRM platform.
- Define and monitor KPIs to measure the strength and adoption of the CRM platform.
- Identify and coordinate CRM training for internal employees.
- Stay current on technological advances relevant to supporting efficient business processes.
- Serve as primary system utilization administrator for CRM system.
- Assist with the initial configuration and implementation of the company’s CRM instance, working closely with the internal implementation team and service vendor.
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, permissions, reports and dashboards, workflows, documentation, and other routine tasks.
- Assist in training new users and grow the CRM skill set across the organization.
- Communicate CRM releases and new functionality, while developing and executing the test plans for new enhancements, impacts, integrations, etc.
- Develop requirements for development of interfaces to other internal business applications used in the Recruitment and Admissions process; work closely with IT to ensure functional requirements are met and are adhering to best practices.
- In partnership with IT, manage CRM data feeds and other integrations.
- Support the evaluation, scope, and completion of new CRM configurations.
- Develop, implement, and optimize marketing automation strategy and plans. Inclusive of mapping and implementation of custom marketing/communication journeys for prospective students at different points of the recruitment/admissions funnel.
- Manage the implementation of strategic audiences and personalization of student journeys within marketing automation to increase effectiveness in qualified lead conversion, reduction of melt in later admission stages, promote the SGU experience, and maximize return.
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors, and the application development teams.
- Provide recommendations and information to increase brand awareness, optimize qualified student acquisition, enhance constituent engagement, and improve conversion.
- Manage agency and vendor relationships as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with other areas to ensure that CRM and marketing automation strategies achieve strategic objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Dynamic individual who on a daily basis demonstrates passion, heart, positivity, and teamwork.
- Strong understanding of CRM and marketing automation platforms and best practices, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views and other complex content.
- Demonstrated expertise in software development life cycle.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize, negotiate and juggle changing deadlines.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements.
- Skilled in working within teams and in supporting numerous system users with varying degrees of system knowledge.
- Ability to translate organizational needs into functional user interface on CRM and marketing automation platforms and create necessary solutions as needs evolve.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well both written and verbally.
- Computer skills including MS Office suite.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- Experience with marketing automation platforms.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job is performed in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
Hours and Travel
- A typical work week consists of 37.5 hours, Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
- 5+ years of CRM Administration implementation and experience.
- 5+ years of marketing automation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Technology preferred.
- CRM Administrator Certification.
- HEDA Experience preferred.
- Marketing Cloud certifications preferred.
- Experience deploying CRM in Higher Education is preferred.
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.