The Mailroom Clerk is responsible for assisting with the overall operation of the University Support Services (USS) Mail Services. The Clerk is also responsible for our onsite stockroom and warehouse. All activities assist to maintain a fluid working environment for USS.
- Receive, sort and process all incoming mail, packages and supplies.
- Maintain logs to track, trace, and resolve mail problems with all major shipping chains.
- Sorts and processes mailings as assigned.
- Package and prepare items for external shipment, coordinate deliveries and pick-ups.
- Process weekly outgoing courier packages (BICPAC) to Grenada.
- Brings all discrepancies to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Create electronic shipments on carrier websites.
- Maintain adequate supply levels in company break room.
- Liaise with Building Management on maintenance activities.
- Monitor/Order/replenish mailroom supply inventory.
- Maintain neat and orderly conditions of the mailroom and warehouse.
- Responsible for company vehicle, including errands, deliveries as needed to and from suppliers, and Post Office runs.
- Coordinate facility related jobs with external service vendors.
- Other Duties as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service, accuracy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Willingness to be flexible and work in a team.
- Ability to provide support on a wide range of topics to all University Departments
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job is performed in a professional office environment.
- This position is a highly active and mobile one; Daily mail delivery and warehouse visits are an expectation.
- Moderate amounts of heavy lifting are required, up to 75 lbs.
- Use of a forklift may also be required.
Hours and Travel
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
- Travel is expected for this position using company vehicle.
- Limited Overtime opportunities may become available throughout the year.
- General stockroom experience.
- Basic Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products.
- On-the-job training in shipping and mail sorting.
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
- Clean driver’s license.
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.