Clinical Student Coordinator
The Clinical Student Coordinator maintains student clinical records to ensure students meet graduation requirements.
- Maintain student profile to ensure students meet graduation requirements.
- Review for accuracy and record evaluations in database.
- Distribute appropriate placement documentation to hospitals and state education department.
- Issue student Visa support letters to students and hospitals.
- Liaison with Registrar Department to ensure student eligibility for graduation.
- Provide student support and tracking on Graduation Assessment Board (GAB) holds, ECP and Super Sub.
- Provide hospitals student scheduling data, student financial status, student rotation status and hospital records.
- Update and keep student schedules current for Financial Aid department.
- Review TBS lists for any gaps in student schedules.
- Liaison with students and hospitals to ensure Single Elective Affiliation Agreements are approved and processed for rotations at out of network hospitals.
- Counsel students in their selections of rotations, leave of absence and timeline requirements.
- Participate in annual Medical Education Coordinator workshops.
- Mentor medical education coordinators at affiliated hospitals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Proficient database and PC background.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job is performed at a work station in a positive, creative and collaborative environment that may sometimes become quite noisy.
Hours and Travel
- A typical work week is 37.5 hours Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm.
- This job may require some OT work during peak periods.
- Travel is not required for this job.
- Two year college degree or Business School Certificate preferred.
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.