Admissions Support Specialist
University Support Services LLC (USS) is the North American correspondent for St. George's University (SGU), a leading center of international medical education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the island of Grenada, in the West Indies. SGU has helped change lives through its more than 20,000 alumni, which include physicians, veterinarians, scientists, and public health and business professionals across the world.
The Admissions Support Specialist works within the Office of Marketing, Recruitment and Enrollment Operations (MREO) is responsible for the data entry, maintenance, research and verification of prospective student information, contacts and recruitment event detail in all appropriate forms of the database systems. The primary responsibility of the Specialist is data entry, which requires a high level of speed, accuracy and confidentiality to properly support recruitment initiatives toward reaching the enrollment goals of the University across all programs. The Specialist reports into the Manager, Admissions Support.
- Enters, updates and verifies data into various systems.
- Inputs and updates applicant information captured through channels such as online forms, email attachments, uploaded documents, and mailed documents.
- Enters and processes application and related data into the system.
- Manages multiple departmental email inboxes, distributing questions and requests accordingly for immediate response.
- Checks systems for existing records to avoid duplication of records
- Assists admissions team in managing student service levels.
- Uploads and indexes documents into the document imaging system.
- Processes and inputs postal mail, including, but not limited to transcripts, letter of recommendations, and payments.
- Inputs information obtained from various recruitment events, such as Information Sessions, School Visits, Fairs and Conferences within given timeframes to ensure that all event participants are properly tracked.
- Clarify questionable or incomplete data on source documents.
- Performs a variety of data coding tasks. Process admissions documents, manually logging and cross-referencing data entry work.
- Performs daily audit tasks as necessary to ensure adherence to data entry and processing standards.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Dynamic individual who demonstrates passion, heart, positivity, and teamwork.
- Commitment to teamwork and customer service.
- Able to work well under pressure; significant organizational skills, ability to set priorities, identify and solve problems.
- Follow data standards to ensure data consistency and verifying questionable data.
- Adhere to all recruitment processes and procedures to ensure effective contact management and to avoid duplicate records.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Willingness to learn new software and systems.
- Strong keyboarding and computer skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel).
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job is performed in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
Hours and Travel
- A typical work week is 37.5 hours Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Flexible hours required to implement initiatives and execute deliverables, especially during peak admission periods.
- High School Diploma required.
- Data Entry experience preferred
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.