Assistant Registrar - Academic Records and Compliance
The Assistant Registrar works closely with the Sr. Assistant Registrar for Academic Records and Compliance to ensure that all student statuses and credentials are entered, updated, maintained and reported in compliance with University and the US Department of Education (DOE) regulations across all University programs. The Assistant Registrar assists in all Registrar enrollment services and works closely with the staff in the Office of the Registrar, Financial Aid, Clinical Studies and Compliance throughout the entire student cycle from matriculation to graduation.
- Works with the Sr. Assistant Registrar - Academic Records and Compliance, assists with day-to-day Federal Title IV compliance efforts by overseeing enrollment reporting to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Serve as a point of contact to the NSLDS as needed.
- Validates all enrollment changes to ensure they are recorded accurately, in a timely fashion, and in accordance with University policy by all registrar staff in all schools.
- Reconciles all enrollment discrepancies and support registrar staff in updating enrollment status.
- Completes validation reports and updates Banner when necessary.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on enrollment reporting and trains staff on the regulations and importance of USDOE’s regulations regarding enrollment tracking and reporting.
- Prepares and uploads information into the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), the US Department of Education’s central database for student aid, as per required timelines.
- Works closely with the Office of Financial Aid to cross check and reconcile information entered into NSLDS.
- In conjunction with the Sr. Assistant Registrar, provides daily, weekly, monthly and annual audit reports.
Maintains internal audits for increased compliance.
- Provides service and information to students, academic and university offices regarding student status.
- Analyzes workflow processes ,evaluates potential compliance risks and bring to the attention of the Sr. Assistant Registrar and University Registrar. Recommend solutions and mitigation strategies.
- Assists and provides support to the Sr. Assistant Registrar with all processes related to enrollment reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sr. Assistant Registrar – Academic Records and Compliance and/or University Registrar
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with university departments and cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Exceptional reasoning, analytical, data management, and communication skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and self-direction.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This job is performed at a work station in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
Hours and Travel
- A typical work week is 37.5 hours Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm.
- Ability to work evening hours and occasional weekends.
Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience in a student services office with an in-depth understanding of student records administration. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be considered.
- Experience interpreting complex laws, regulations, and policies and implementing processes to maintain compliance. Commitment to achieving and maintaining compliance, especially Federal Title IV Financial Aid.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of student information systems. Experience with Banner preferred..
- Understanding of FERPA and knowledge of privacy and confidentiality rules as they relate to student information.
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University
St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.
USS is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is company policy to fill positions with qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex (including sexual orientation and gender presentation), age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, pregnancy, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, disability, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States (including veteran status) or status as a victim of domestic violence, except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy protects applicants and employees from discrimination in the hiring process.